Tuesday, June 23, 2009

...got drugs?



Last night Matt decided that he'd had enough (pain, pain, & more pain - I'll spare you the details) & we went to the ER. I think that most of the city was in that waiting room. THREE HOURS LATER we found out that we had somehow been removed from the waiting list. Apparently at some point I had run out to the car & Matt had gone to the bathroom. GRRRRRRRRR.





When we finally saw the doctor he was fabulous. Understanding that Matt is just trying to make it to surgery in July, he essentially left it up to us...admit to hospital? our call. Drugs? Our call. Etc. So, after discussing all this with him, we decided to increase Matt's prednisone, change his pain meds, and give him a new anti-spasm medicine. He was not admitted to the hospital & we came home about 2am.



Pappy is doing great - today is his "prep" day for the camera-pill procedure. No solid food, but he can have ice cream, pudding, yogurt, etc. I could live with that diet for quite a while!


This is the underground floor of the hospital. Creepy anyway, but at 2am, REALLY creepy.

1 comment:

  1. wow. i am glad i checked to see if there was anything new. awful about the ER. i'll email kelly with more questions.

    ReplyDelete