

Our hotel is on the south side of the edge of downtown Cleveland. Yesterday I ran from the hotel north to the lake (Lake Erie). It's about a mile, maybe less. The weather was very nice...warm but not humid. It was disappointing that Cleveland hasn't developed more park areas/restaurants along the lake, but I think I may know why. The water coming off the lake was COLD. Even in high 80's low 90's July weather. I took some photos with my phone. The stadium you see is Brown's stadium. The modern looking building to the left of the stadium, with the propeller thing, is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Downtown Cleveland is pretty much like any other mid-size city, I like it...but outside of downtown, I haven't seen much that seems nice (other than the Clinic campus).
This photo I took with the panoramic effect - I think it would work if there had been less wind & not so bright - I couldn't see the screen very well.
You can see the propeller / windmill thing in this photo. It is above the R&R Hall of Fame building.
Self-portrait. I didn't get many whistles on that run. Hmmm, I wonder why? I'm looking AWESOME!
Matt & I are hanging out at the hospital today. Duh. Anyway, we just went through all the photos of Will - he's at camp this week. Check this one out. 
I'm so proud of both of you. Can't wait to hear about Will's camp adventure.
ReplyDeleteAll my love,
Pat/Mom/Nana
I love the comment under the title "Cleveland Rocks" well... kinda... I mean it's okay... That is awesome. In January I'll have been here four years... its got some good points, but I wouldn't say it "Rocks" either. Downtown area is pretty nice. There use to be a great restaurant down on the lake called Hornblowers it was on an old boat or barge or something like that. Anyways it was cool and had an awesome view of the lake and the skyline plus free parking! They closed a year ago. Darin and I were sad because that is where we had our first date. Anyways...
ReplyDeleteI want to come see you some evening this week. I was thinking if you're up to it, I could come see you both at the hospital (if Matt is up for visitors, if he's not I understand) and then maybe I could take you to a restaurant we really like downtown called Fat Fish Blue. (Its southern creole, which you may not want or like, and if so we can go somewhere else. I wasn't sure if it would be too close to home kind of food for you). Just an idea... There is another restaurant called Sokolowski's that serves authentic Polish food, really good but definitely artery clogging type food. Its not right downtown, its in Tremont, but it's a cool local place. If you'd rather not leave Matt I understand, it might be mean to go to fun restaurants while he is recovering. If that's the case we can just visit you there. Let me know what you think. Glad to hear Matt is feeling better each day!