Friday, July 10, 2009

parental supervision required

Ok first up, Matt update: He's doing well, better every day. We walked the hall here on Floor 5 several times today. He's all tuckered out now & is trying to sleep. The pain issues are improving. They took him off the constant Dilaudid yesterday afternoon (I didn't know about this until today). Managing w/o that baseline was a worry for me, but it's been okay. He has had to request the 'extra' IV dose maybe twice today...and while we wait for the nurses to bring that, he is able to push the PCA pump button to get smaller doses.

Next up, what you've all (Cristen) been waiting for....the stoma photo:






Okay, you are being warned. It is rapidly approaching. Turn away now if you want to....














Here goes....

















Introducing: Charlie (the stoma, not the nurse. Her name is Barbara).

I'm not sure how the name came out...it just happened. Many many apologies if your name happens to be Charlie, it's nothing personal. And we're not calling you a small intestine, but you know, if the bag fits.

HA HA HA STOMA HUMOR!

Oh yeah, one more thing - I TOUCHED A SMALL INTESTINE TODAY AND DIDN'T FAINT OR VOMIT!!!!!

Thanks again guys...Y'all are the best.

2 comments:

  1. A really pretty one! So glad to know he likes his name. Matt, when you're ready, I have some stoma/bag tips for you they didn't tell me, more of a trial-and-error thing about changing and types, etc. Glad y'all had the same world-class experience with the colorectal team I did. It really restores your faith in the medical community to deal with such professional people, who never let the "institutional" get in the way of the "personal." Okay, and you'll itch like a fiend when your tummy hair grows back in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was expecting a much closer up photo. very tasteful of you. glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete