Monday, July 13, 2009
Monday, July 13th
I am no longer in the hospital! I am laying on the bed in our hotel room. Nice, very nice. I can control the AC. Anyway, all is going well and Kelly and I will stay here in the hotel until we fly home Thurs. It is normal procedure for people out of town to stay around a few days after being released just in case something comes up. Another step toward the right direction! Pain is not too bad most of the time. Mainly tight crampy pain around areas of incision scars from surgery. Starts hurting more if I stand/walk around for a time, and obviously is VERY painful to sneeze (have so only once) and cough. Normal surgery pain stuff, if you have experienced it you know what I mean. Should get a little better each day. Am tapering off prednisone, thank god! That stuff is evil, necessary sometimes, but evil. Should be steroid free in 4 weeks or so. More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's great! i know it's thrilling to get out of the hospital...
ReplyDeletei am glad all is coming along smoothly. love your posts (both of you) thank you for keeping us up to date w all of this. see you after you are home!
ReplyDeleteshan
It's Danielle. Thanks so much for the updating, I am really enjoying reading them. You both have almost brought me to tears TWICE at my Desk! Love you guys and wish you well. If you need or want anything, tell me.
ReplyDeleteMatt,
ReplyDeleteSorry if this is redundant but I've tried to post from my phone and I don't think it went through. We have remembered you frequently in our prayers and wish for a speedy recovery. Thanks for all of your deep thoughts and sense of humor. To quote a famous (infamous?) coach...
"I don't want to hear your hogwash. Bottom line how long? Yer damn right, not long!!"
Good luck, Bud.
Wiggs
Great news, Matt! Hope all continues to go well and that you all have a safe trip home Thursday. I know you are anxious to see the kiddos!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth Bowen and family
What good news to read! You've been in our thoughts and prayers through all of this.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carla
No updates since Monday. How are you? Are you still going home tomorrow?
ReplyDelete