Quick Matt update:


President Garfield is buried at this cemetery...well, not really buried...he is the only past President whose casket you can see. Perhaps this will help you one day in Trivial Pursuit.
I would be surprised if we aren't discharged tomorrow (Monday). We were kind of hoping for today, but it's 6:39pm & no word on that....so probably not gonna happen today.
Matt is doing great, all things considered. He had the catheter removed today & he's completely off the Dilaudid. He has had to ask for pain medication (percoset) a few times today, but that is certainly understandable.

I went running again today. The driver at our hotel had told me about the Little Italy area near the hospital here. I ran up to that, then kept going & found a very old and VERY BIG cemetery (Lake View Cemetery). It's absolutely beautiful...over 300 acres of rolling hills. There's a fabulous nature trail through the woods. (Picture below of grave in side of hill - from early 1800s.)

President Garfield is buried at this cemetery...well, not really buried...he is the only past President whose casket you can see. Perhaps this will help you one day in Trivial Pursuit.Eliot Ness is buried there as well. And one of the Rockefellers.






That is a very cool cemetery... When I went I found the Garfield casket thing a little creepy but I guess its not as bad as being able to see the body, like you can at that memorial in Russia.
ReplyDeletelove the photo of matt on the phone. he's obviously feeling so much better. glad you're getting some runs in, kelly!
ReplyDeleteif there's anything i can do for you guys (from oxford), please let me know. i can't believe you may be coming home TODAY!